Solid concrete construction is a long-term, quality alternative to typical wood- and steel-framed houses.
We are an integral part of the building team when constructing a concrete home. The other important members are:
- Home Builder
- Structural Engineer
- Supplier of Insulation Material
- Bartley Corporation (concrete contractor)
The features and benefits of above-grade, removable form, solid reinforced and insulated concrete construction for residential and commercial builders is as follows:
- Benefits from the thermal mass effect when properly built with insulated wall and floors. Airtight construction solid construction.
No Insects and Rot
- Building material is not a source for mold and termites.
Strength to Withstand Hurricanes and Tornados
- Strength of concrete at the exterior is more durable and stronger than frames homes
- More resistant to fires than typical building products like wood
Rapid return on investment
- Savings in maintenance, operating, heating / cooling costs compared to stick built homes
- Mass of concrete walls blocks out external noise
Faster to Build
- Helps shave numerous construction days off a typical home building timeframe.
- Fewer subcontractors are needed in this type of construction lowering labor costs and increasing productivity with a smaller labor force.
Improved Utilization and Scheduling
- Operations, scheduling and administration becomes more efficient in concrete construction with less labor and fewer subcontractors.
- A home is “dried-in” when final concrete lift is complete and allows succeeding trade work to begin quicker so an average home can be completed substantially sooner.
Built to Last
- Take pride in building a product that can last 200+ years. Concrete housing is estimated to outlast most typical wood structures.
Minimizes Waste / Environmentally Friendly
- Use of cast-in-place poured concrete drastically reduces construction material waste including lumber, sheetrock, wiring, and mechanical scraps reducing landfill disposal.
Lower Insurance Rates
- Building concrete homes significantly reduces potential property damage and loss during disasters like storms and fire. Insurance premiums during construction may also be lower.
- Concrete construction is low-maintenance and minimizes damages during construction. Easy clean-up and pre-move-in prep generates quicker closings and quicker collections. It also reduces builder warranty work after the sale.
We are Bartley Corporation, a concrete foundation contractor that was founded in 1970. The combination of Residential and Commercial experience makes Bartley the clear choice in Concrete Home construction. We build an insulated concrete shell, ready for trades.
Projects of Interest: